Guitar Video Lessons
Video Lessons, Exam Resources & Much More
This is the section that will add yet another dimension to your learning. This is a gold mine of information that you will not be able to find anywhere else. It is updated weekly with various guitar video lessons and grade preparation resources, so you will have your tutor with you as much as you need! And if you forget how to do something we covered in your lesson, this is the first place you look for help! Learning something outside of your guitar lessons for your band but you can`t nail something? The answer may well be here... To access the exclusive content, simply log in at the top of the screen using your username and password.
Exclusive Guitar Content:
- Warm ups - you should make sure you know how to warm up your fingers correctly, there are exercises for that in here!
- Essential licks to get you started in soloing! Includes effective blues and rock licks!
- Basic techniques - slides, string bending, trills, alternate picking!
- Flash licks - inject excitement into your solos, and how to come up with your own!
- Solo finishers - some great ideas on how to end your solos!
- Tasty blues licks - licks similar to all the great guitarists in the world, so if you want to add a Stevie Ray Vaughan flavour to your playing, or add some John Mayer to your arsenal, you`ll find it here!
- Tasty rock licks - learn to rock out like Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Richie Sambora, Angus Young, Van Halen and many more!
- How to give an old blues lick you have been playing new life with this really simple approach!
- Guitar solos and riffs - whether it`s Green Day, Arctic Monkeys, AC/DC, Metallica, Van Halen, you`re covered! Broken down section by section in easy to digest pieces! We take requests too!
- Classic and contemporary chart songs - how to play them, broken down section by section. From Jimi Hendrix and The Beatles, to Daft Punk and Bruno Mars!
- Exam/Gig/Audition prep - how to prepare for the big moment!
- Stage fright - how to beat it!
- Exams - tips to getting that elusive distinction! Apply these techniques and you will find the exam pieces a breeze!
- Sight reading exercises - an extensive sight reading section!
- Ear training exercises - an extensive ear training section!
- Speed trainer - master those difficult phrases and then get them up to speed!
- Advanced techniques and licks - tapping, dynamics, sweep picking, pinched harmonics, tapped harmonics, harp harmonics and many more!
- Improve your tone - how to achieve that killer tone you want, including using different fx!
- Killer Vibrato - how to change your vibrato to suit different styles, like BB King, Zakk Wylde, Eric Clapton and Steve Vai!
- Styles - learn to play in various styles such as rock, funk, metal, pop and jazz!
- Extended chords - learn more advanced chords and apply them in songs!
- Just browsing? - Then check out our blog where you will find useful links and information, such as local music shops, local rehearsal rooms, where to buy instruments, equipment, links to backing tracks, and much more!
- Much more planned!